Can CBD Help Your Pet During Thunderstorms and Fireworks? 5 ways to help your anxious animal
The 2 busiest days at animal shelters across the country are July 5th and January 1st. Why?
Animals who panic and run during holiday fireworks.
Year round thunder and lightning storms can have a similar effect on our sensitive animal friends!
The sound and fury of thunder or fireworks can be too much for sensitive animals- dogs in particular may run in fear and frenzy.
It is essential to plan ahead for your dog’s safety and sanity- and your peace of mind.
5 Ways to Keep Your Animal Safe During Fireworks and Thunderstorms
1. Keep your dog or cat indoors. An animal’s first instinct is to run. Keep them inside and give them a safe place to “hide” inside your home- away from windows.
2. Make sure your animal’s tags/microchip are up to date. IF your dog runs gets lost, current tags and microchip will ensure they get back to you faster.
3. Exercise your animal before a big storm or fireworks begin. Getting rid of any excess, excited energy means less energy for your nervous dog or cat later that night.
4. Distract your dogs with fun treats, their favorite toy, and lots of hugs. Our animals count on us for our leadership. Use your calm and soothing energy to alleviate stress in your pack.
5. Use a natural calming and anti-anxiety CBD supplement such as Cannimal’s best selling RELAX formulated with Passionflower. Multiple scientific studies show that CBD has a strong anxiolytic (anti-anxiety) effect. Cannimal's RELAX blend combines Full Spectrum CBD with the calming power of Passionflower.
Scientists believe passionflower works by increasing levels of a chemical called gamma aminobutyric acid (GABA) in the brain. Gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) is thought to have a natural calming effect and is believed to reduce feelings of of anxiety and fear by decreasing neuronal excitability.
HAVE YOU EVER LOST YOUR DOG BECAUSE of a Thunderstorm or SUMMERTIME FIREWORKS?
The July 4th weekend creates a “perfect storm” for missing pets. Statistics show that more dogs are lost over the 4th of July holiday than any other time of the year. Why? The booming sounds are too much for them to bear. Dogs perceive frequencies almost twice that of human ears, they can also hear sounds approximately four times farther away than humans.
Cannimal’s RELAX Formula is a natural calming aid combining the Power of Full Spectrum CBD with the anti-anxiety qualities of Passionflower!
Cannimal’s RELAX Formula is a unique formula unlike anything else… First, it combines the power of Full 🌈 Spectrum CBD with the calming qualities of Passionflower and its ability to elicit GABA currents in the brain. GABA has an inhibitory effect on the brain, accounting for Passionflower’s anxiolytic (anti-anxiety) AND anticonvulsant (anti-seizure) properties. Studies show Passionflower has a similar effect as diazepam (Valium) without the pharmaceutical side effects.