TOP 5 Ways to Keep Your Dog Safe and Sane During Fireworks
The 2 busiest days at animal shelters across the country are July 5th and January 1st.
Why? Animals who panic and run during holiday fireworks.
The sound and fury of fireworks can be too much for sensitive animals- dogs in particular may run in fear and frenzy.
With fireworks season on the way,
it’s essential to plan ahead for your dog’s safety and sanity- and your peace of mind.
5 BEST Ways to Keep Your Animal Safe During Fireworks Season!
1. Keep your dog or cat indoors. An animal’s first instinct is to run. Keep them inside and give them a safe place to “hide” inside your home away from windows. Some terrified dogs and cats will even try to jump through windows!
2. Make sure your animal’s tags/microchip are up to date. IF your dog runs gets lost, current tags and microchip will ensure they get back to you faster.
3. Exercise your animal before the fireworks begin. Getting rid of any excess excited energy means less energy for your nervous nilly later that night.
4. Distract your dogs with fun treats, their favorite toy, and lots of hugs. (No brainer.) Our animals count on us for our leadership. Use your calm and soothing energy to alleviate stress in your pack.
5. Use a natural calming and anti-anxiety CBD supplement such as Cannimal’s best selling RELAX formulated with Passionflower. Multiple scientific studies show (and our testimonials!) show that CBD has a strong anxiolytic (anti-anxiety) effect. Cannimal's RELAX blend intensifies CBD's anti-enxiety effect with the calming power of Passionflower. Scientists believe passionflower works by increasing levels of a chemical called gamma aminobutyric acid (GABA) in the brain. Gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) is thought to have a natural calming effect and is believed to reduce feelings of of anxiety and fear by decreasing neuronal excitability.